Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

John Taylor's Revelations: May 1884

Revelation Received in May, 1884, at Logan, Utah Territory.  (John Taylor Papers, LDS Archives).  The Logan Utah Temple had just been officially dedicated, and President Taylor sought the Lord's will concerning the furnishings and dedication of the House of the Lord:

As thou hast asked Me concerning this temple,
thus saith the LORD: I accept this house which
thou hast built;
2 And also the labors of the Committee, the
Superintendent, and the Architect thereof, and of
those who have in anywise contributed to the
building or beautifying the same, by their labor
or by their means;
3 And inasmuch as it shall be preserved pure
and not by defiled, My presence shall be there,
even the power of My Spirit, the Gift of the Holy
Ghost; which shall in this house hereafter be
more fully understood;
4 And I will acknowledge the ordinances which
shall be administered therein, both for the living
and the dead;
5 And My blessings shall attend the
administration of the ordinances, and shall rest
upon those who administer therein, inasmuch as
they comply with the order of My house, and act
with purity and singleness of heart before Me,
according to My word, My ordinances and My
law;
6 And this house shall be a house of prayer, a
house of learning, a house of God, wherein many
great principles pertaining to the past, to the
present, and the future shall be revealed.
7 And My word and My will be made known,
and the laws of the universe, pertaining to this
world and other worlds be developed;
8 For in these houses which have been built unto
Me, and which shall be built, I will reveal the
abundance of those things pertaining to the past,
the present, and the future--
9 To the life that now is, and the life that is to
come, pertaining to law, order, rule, dominion,
and government; to things affecting this nation
and other nations.
10 The laws of the heavenly bodies in their times
and seasons, and the principles or laws by which
they are governed, and their relation to each
other, and whether they be bodies Celestial,
Terrestrial, or Telestial shall all be made known as
I will, saith the LORD.
11 For it is My will and My purpose to place My
people in closer communion with the heavens,
inasmuch as they will purify themselves and
observe more diligently My law;
12 For it is in Mine heart to greatly bless and
exalt My people, and to build up, exalt, and
beautify My Zion, inasmuch as they shall observe
My law.
Even so, Amen.

No comments: