Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Wilford Woodruff's Revelations: October 2, 1840

Revelation Received Friday, October 2, 1840, by Elder Wilford Woodruff, then of the Twelve, while he was serving in the British Mission with the Quorum of Apostles.  (Wilford Woodruff Journal).  He was at the time serving in Manchester, England:

Elder Heber C. Kimball and myself arose from our
beds in the morning with the power of God
resting upon us; yea, the Spirit of God is like fire
shut up in my bones.
2 O my God! Why is Thy Spirit thus upon me?
Why is mine eyes this morning a fountain of
tears? What art Thou about to do, O my God,
that does this thing?
3 I ask Thee, Father, to tell it unto me in the
name of Jesus Christ, Thy Son.
4 Thus saith the Lord God unto thee, My servant
Wilford. This is My Spirit that resteth upon thee
to enlighten thy mind, to show thee things to
come;
5 Not only upon thee, but upon all My faithful
servants upon the face of the whole earth.
6 Therefore, lift up thy voice and spare not, for I
am about to perform a great work upon the face
of the earth, saith the LORD.
7 Mine indignation is about to be poured out
without measure upon the heads of this nation,
and all the nations of the earth, and they shall not
escape.
8 The cry of the poor, the widow and orphan is
ascending into Mine ears, saith the LORD, and I
am about to avenge the cry of Mine elect by
laying low the oppressor, and executing the
decree of Mine heart upon all the ungodly from
among men.
9 Therefore, I put My Spirit upon thee and say
unto thee, Lift up thy voice and spare not! And
call upon all men to repent that come within the
sound of thy voice-- and many souls shall be
given unto thee, and great shall be thy reward,
and eternal shall be thy glory, saith the LORD.

No comments: