Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Wilford Woodruff's Revelations: November 24, 1889

Revelation Received Sunday, November 24, 1889, by President Wilford Woodruff, (Journal of Wilford Woodruff), (Also Messages of the First Presidency 3:175), at Salt Lake City, Utah Territory.  This revelation came to President Woodruff as he was contemplating issuing the Manifesto a year prior to its actual issuance, which occurred on October 6, 1890:


Thus saith the LORD to My servant Wilford, I the
Lord have heard thy prayer and thy request, and
will answer thee by the voice of My Spirit.
2 Thus saith the LORD, unto My servants, the
Presidency of My Church, who hold the keys of
the Kingdom of God on the earth.
3 I the Lord hold the destiny of the Courts in
your midst, and the destiny of this nation, and all
other nations of the earth in Mine own hands; all
that I have revealed, and promised and decreed
concerning the generation in which you live,
shall come to pass, and no power shall stay My
hand.
4 Let not My servants who are called to the
Presidency of My Church, deny My word or My
law, which concerns the salvation of the children
of men.
5 Let them pray for the Holy Spirit, which shall
be given them, to guide them in their acts.
6 Place not yourselves in jeopardy to your
enemies by promise;
7 Your enemies seek your destruction and the
destruction of My people.
8 If the Saints will hearken unto My voice, and
the counsel of My servants, the wicked shall not
prevail.
9 Let My servants, who officiate as your
Counselors before the Courts, make their
pleadings as they are moved upon by the Holy
Spirit, without any further pledges from the
Priesthood, and they shall be justified.
10 I the LORD will hold the Courts, with the
officers of government, and the nation
responsible for their acts towards the inhabitants
of Zion.
11 I, Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, am in
your midst. I am your Advocate with the Father.
12 Fear not little flock, it is your Father's good
pleasure to give you the Kingdom.
13 Fear not the wicked and ungodly.
14 Search the Scriptures, for they are they which
testify of Me; also those revelations which I have
given to My Servant Joseph, and to all My
Servants since the world began, which are
recorded in the records of divine truth.
15 Those revelations contain the judgments of
God, which are to be poured out upon all nations
under the heavens, which include great babylon.
16 These judgments are at the door, they will be
fulfilled as God lives.
17 Leave judgment with Me, it is Mine saith the
LORD.
18 Watch the signs of the times, and they will
show the fulfillment of the words of the LORD.
19 Let my servants call upon the LORD in
mighty prayer, retain the Holy Ghost as your
constant companion, and act as you are moved
upon by that spirit, and all will be well with you.
20 The wicked are fast ripening in iniquity, and
they will be cut off by the judgments of God.
21 Great events await you and this generation,
and are nigh at your doors.
22 Awake, O Israel, and have faith in God, and
His promises, and He will not forsake you.
23 I, the Lord will deliver My Saints from the
dominion of the wicked, in Mine own due time
and way.
24 I cannot deny My word, neither in blessings
nor judgments.
25 Therefore let Mine anointed gird up their
loins, watch and be sober, and keep My
commandments.
26 Pray always and faint not; exercise faith in
the LORD and in the promises of God; be valiant
in the testimony of Jesus Christ.
27 The eyes of the Lord and the Heavenly Hosts
are watching over you and your acts.
28 Therefore be faithful until I come. I come
quickly, to reward every man according with
deeds done in the body.
Even so, Amen.

1 comment:

Linda said...

LORD is always listening to us. He do listen when we want or ask something from him. You have described the beauty of Lord in an awesome way. Much appreciated.