Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The return of the "C-Word"

The anti-Mormons are at it again, this time in South Carolina.  According to the Deseret News, Reverend Huey Mills, head of the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools, will not vote for Governor Mitt Romney for President of the United States because Romney's Mormonism "is a cult, most definitely"

The Mormon Eagle need not respond to an ignorant fool such as Reverend Mills.  However, the Eagle puts forth a question to Mr. Mills: as a Christian, who are you to judge?  Have you not read the Scriptures which saith, "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" (James 2:18), and also, "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit" (Matt. 7:18).  We also have this passage,  

Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil. . . . For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God (Moroni 7:14, 16).

It is evident from your works that you have not applied the scriptures fully, sir.  Let us, therefore, as children of God the Father, and brethren to Jesus the Christ, treat others with mutual respect, kindness, and love, as our Savior would do.  I know Mormons are Christians, for I am one.  I know Jesus is the Christ, and therefore I am Christian in word.  I read the Bible and Book of Mormon daily, and sup from their teachings of Christ, and therefore am a Christian in deed.  Look at active Mormons and judge them as Christians by both their faith and their works, so as to not be shown as a fool.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: