Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Prayers in the House of the Lord

Terrestrial Room of the Salt Lake Temple.  Around the Altar is performed an inspired Prayer
The Mormon Eagle at this time wishes to testify of the inspiration contained in the Prayers around the Alters of all the Houses of the Lord on this Earth.  The Prayer around the Alters at the end of the Endowment are sacred, and in every way inspired as if an Apostle of the Lord were praying.  Paul the Apostle uses the words, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).

Paul here mentions how "we know not what we should pray for as we ought", but that the Spirit whispers to he who is voice in the prayer what we should pray for.  This scripture was fulfilled last night, as I was in the House of the Lord at Provo, Utah.  I take this from the pages of my own Journal for Wednesday 25 January 2012:

I have had a school assignment weighing on my mind, in which I need to write a Literature Review, which compiles historians' interpretation of a particular subject.  I chose 19th Century Mormon Polygamy.  I have no idea what I need to do to make it work.  I have prayed the Lord to help me, and that topic is what was on my mind while inside the Temple tonight.  I learned in the Endowment Ceremony that: 1) I must put forth an effort before I will receive knowledge from the Lord how to do it.  During the True Order of Prayer at the Altar, the officiator prayed that the company may have a special blessing of knowledge they seek tonight.  I know the prayers at the Altars of the Temples are led by the Holy Ghost.

I used to think all the Prayers were the same, but know, through revelation, I know they are inspired from God.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: