Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him"

Hymn #202 in the LDS Hymnal contains the words, "Come, and behold Him born the King of angels; Oh, Come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!"  My favorite time of the year is Christmas.  I seem to fight more with the ones I love, unfortunately, but when it all comes down to it, I am humbled when I listen to the Sacred strains praising the Son of God and His matchless life. 

During this time of year - and especially on this Christmas Day - I stand in wonder and awe at Jesus the Christ.  Am I worthy to actually come and adore the Risen Lord, let alone a Baby Boy in a Manger?  Do I hear what the "night wind to the little lamb" says, when it saith "do you see what I see?"  Do we really see the Star whom we worship in our own lives?  Is the Star's light shining from our countenances, as Alma saith, "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God?  Have ye received his image in your countenances?  Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?" (Alma 5:14).  More straight to the point is the Word of God Himself.  Saith He, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:16).

Today is Christmas, and should be about Christ.  We should give glory this day to the Newborn King, and adore Him, making Him the center of our thoughts, that our actions might bring others closer to Him and His Restored Church.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: